Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:25 PM
Or maybe adding familysearch.org to your list of trusted sites? Right click on Internet Explorer>then go to Properties>click on the Security tab>click on Trusted Sites and add it there.
Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:22 PM
Interestingly when in RM, click Search in tool bar, select Internet Search, select Family Search--always worked fine. Only in IGI Search under Tools in RM was activity blocked. So it seems Bruce you were correct, except the only time these errors occurred was within RMs IGI browser window. Hope this is the end to this saga.
Thanks to all.
Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:48 AM
After updateing 3.0 with ver 3.0.4 the IGI Search function no longer works. Instantly brings up the same error message. Still connects to web sites thru RM via Internet Search in the tool bar under search, and via the Internet in the tool bar.
The internet connection is a good connection in every way.
NPF shows in the list of alerts under the activity log that the user has created a rule to permit communcations with RootsMagic.exe.
Believe this is what is called "square one".
You may manually have to set up a rule to allow communication with http://www.familysearch.org.
Posted 03 December 2005 - 01:47 PM
This can happen with requests to place "cookies" on your machine, too. So, it might be helpful to "minimize to the taskbar" the other program windows that are acting up and look for "covered" dialogs waiting for your input.
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
K e V i N
Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:25 PM
Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:38 PM
This morning when I tried the IGI search, I got a blank page - after removing the user name and password from Options (thanks to this forum), I closed the IGI search page, reopened it, and the page was there at the login screen. I entered my name and password, and got the message "password expired". After changing my password everything worked fine. This might be the problem for everyone.
Thanks Marge! I had changed my password a few days ago. When I removed the automatic sign in information from RM, FamilySearch let me sign in and everything worked as usual. Only problem is that I have to sign in each time.
Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:56 PM
I erase the user name and password in the Options area of the IGI Search. Close the Search, then open it again. This time when it asks for the user name and password, I put it in, hit enter, THEN I go to the Options area and re-type my user name and password.
This way I don't have to re-type my user name and password, at least as long as I am signed onto the internet. After I close my browser (I'm still using the dinosaur dial up), then I have to repeat the process.