13 replies to this topic

#1 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

I wish this forum would loose the reply, with quote at the bottom of each message so thart each message didn't quote the entire preceding thread.

There is a way to erase the auto fill, quoted text, and a button just below that does not quote anything. but who remembers to use them?
Alfred

#2 Marge

Marge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Alfred @ Sep 27 2005, 11:44 AM)
There is a way to erase the auto fill, quoted text, and a button just below that does not quote anything. but who remembers to use them?

View Post

I agree with you, but I haven't located the buttons you mentioned.

#3 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

I wish this forum would loose the reply, with quote at the bottom of each message so thart each message didn't quote the entire preceding thread. 

View Post

Me too. I haven't figured out how to reply without the quoted text even using the buttons

#4 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:40 AM

View Post

Marge, look at the very bottom of this page and there are three buttons Add Reply, Options, and New Topic. However, the Add Reply still includes the quoted text from the first/starting message in the thread. There is also an Add Reply button just below the +/- Quote button and the "Reply button on the first message next to the New Topic button

#5 Marge

Marge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:50 PM

Is my face red wub.gif I just didn't scroll down far enough. Thank you.

#6 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

No need for red face, you are not the only one. laugh.gif

Well the Add Reply button did not include the quoted text this time. And I had tried it several times before replying before. ohmy.gif

#7 RootsMagician

RootsMagician

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

We haven't figured out a way to turn them off either. We have a ticket in with Invision to find out if there is a way to do it.
RootsMagician

#8 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

OK, I found out why sometimes my replies include the quoted text and sometimes they don't. I think dry.gif

In the subject title bar in the far right there are 3 options: Outline, Standard, and Linear. If you click on Linear and then hit the Add Reply button the quoted text is not included.

OK, maybe not. I tried again and this time it works for both Standard and Linear

Edited by don, 27 September 2005 - 03:53 PM.

#9 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 05:43 PM

At the bottom of each message there are two buttons, [+ Quote] and [ " Reply]
If you use the [" Reply] button, that is "quote reply" then your reply uotes the entire message just above, including previous quotes.

If you go just below the entire thread, there are three buttons:
[ Add Reply ] [Options ] and [ New Topic ]

If you use this add reply button, or the one at the very top of the thread, you will not have the message quote in your reply, UNLESS you have ckicked on the [ + Quote] message just below one of the messages fiirst, in which case, that message will be quoted in your reply. If I accidentally get the quote, I just hit the [Alt]-[a] combination to highlight it then the delete key to erase it.

At least, that seems to be the way mine works.
Alfred

#10 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 08:48 AM

Son-of-a-gun!! The add reply button works. I usually hit the reply button just below the last post - highlight and delete what I don't want - then proceed with my reply.
JohnG

#11 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

Another wish for a change in the forum. When done reading a thread, it would be nice to have a "Next Thread" button to go to the next one instead of going back to the Forum first page and scrolling down to the next topic.

Jim B
JIM.B.NH

#12 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Jim Belanger @ Oct 5 2005, 05:36 PM)
Another wish for a change in the forum.  When done reading a thread, it would be nice to have a "Next Thread" button to go to the next one instead of going back to the Forum first page and scrolling down to the next topic. 

Jim B

View Post

That would be a substantial improvement!!

#13 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:52 AM

And while we're at it . . . an option to jump to the last unread reply in a particular thread upon opening that thread. Or an option to list the replies in reverse order without having to scroll to the bottom and clicking the "Addreply" button to do so. This would be helpful on multi-page threads. If I have already scrolled to the bottom to access the "Addreply" button, reverse order would not be of value - I'm already where I want to be. dry.gif

Thanks
JohnG

#14 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:38 AM

[Ctrl]-[End] will take you directly to the bottom of a page.
[Ctrl]-[Home] takes you back to the top, as does the little "Top" button

I don't know how to get to the second page other than remembering to click on the [2] to open the thread to the second page in the first place or waiting for the first page to load, then clicking on the [2].

Before some undesirable character hacked into the forum pages we had an option to jump to the first unread message. Some people are meaner than even they know.
Alfred