4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 10:05 AM

In the Edit Family Window there is a column showing the relationship of child to parent(s). I would like to see dual relationship columns - one for each parent - that, or more options for the existing column. I have instances where the child no longer lives with either of his/her biological parents and the present parents have differing relationships to that child, (i.e. adoptive father and step-mother).
JohnG

#2 bvalco

bvalco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:54 PM

I'd also like a place where a multiple birth could be indicated. In a program I formerly used, multiple births could be coded so that they were indicated on the family view screen.

Beverly

#3 JohnG

JohnG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(bvalco @ Sep 20 2005, 05:54 PM)
I'd also like a place where a multiple birth could be indicated. In a program I formerly used, multiple births could be coded so that they were indicated on the family view screen.

Beverly

View Post

In the suffix field, I enter "(twin)" as a workaround. Just a suggestion.
JohnG

#4 lmparks6838

lmparks6838

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(JohnG @ Sep 12 2005, 09:05 AM)
In the Edit Family Window there is a column showing the relationship of child to parent(s).  I would like to see dual relationship columns - one for each parent - that, or more options for the existing column.  I have instances where the child no longer lives with either of his/her biological parents and the present parents have differing relationships to that child, (i.e.  adoptive father and step-mother).

View Post

I would like to second this request. I would like to be able to say which parent is a "step" parent, when the other parent is a biological parent.

I would also like to add a request that we have the option to show this information on a report if we so desire. As far as I know (and I asked this on the board once), this "relationship" information doesn't show anywhere but in the family edit screen.

Thanks!
Linda

#5 Guest_DennisD_*

Guest_DennisD_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

I second the request above about Step parent being selectable like adoption. I would also like to see these relationships depicted in reports. The adoption fact makes the assumption that the child was adopted by both parents. In my case most adoptions are by one parent or the other.

Thank you,
Dennis D.