• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TaffyBlue

TaffyBlue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

If the program already does it, then I haven't found it. But I would like the events to offer a From/To in the dates.

I have found it annoying that when I was inputting military service dates, I wanted to put that my grandfather was in a certain area From xx/xx/xxxx To xx/xx/xxxx. Unfortunately the program gets confused and doesn't list his postings in order. Also on the narratives, it doesn't leave space for the full dates and therefore just shows a day.

Could this be resolved?

#2 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4276 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:00 PM

Are you sure the from/to date you typed in was in the correct format?

If it isn't, RM reads it as a text string and will sort the fact at the bottom of the facts and the Sort date at the bottom right of the Fact Edit screen will be blank..

In the Military fact, I typed in the date "from 01/01/1980 to 01/01/1982" [without quotes].
RM filled in the sort date as 01/01/1980. The fact was sorted into the proper order between the other facts for the person.

In all choices for the Narriative Report, the date was printed out in full, from 01/01/1980 to 01/01/1982.

But, in the Family Group Sheet, the date was truncated to "frm 1980-1982" [without quotes] When I added a note to the Military fact, the full date was shown with the Note for that fact in the FGS Note section.

If you want a fact sorted into a different order than RM puts it, just change the Sort date for that fact.

Laura

#3 Guest_don_*

Guest_don_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

Also, be sure the date format you are using is the same as you have chosen in the database options. Tools>Options>Program Options> and make sure the "Date entry" chosen is the one you are using when you enter the date in the fact, i.e. 5/10/1959 means May 10, 1959 OR
5/10/1959 means Oct 5, 1959.