• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donlance

donlance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:57 PM

I've noticed that fact types are fairly "independent" and there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the relationship between them if it is important. This can affect the content quality when generating a report. For example, I've noticed in several of my reports that the "Burial" fact will precede the "Death" fact for a person... and the report then has that the person was buried on a date at a cemetery... then the person died on a date at another location. The order seems strange when you read it.

In experimenting, the only way I've found to correct this issue is to remove the Burial fact (with all sources, etc.!) and then re-add it after the Death fact. Not exactly a fun thing to do... wink.gif

#2 Patricia

Patricia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:41 PM

There is no need to remove the burial fact. If a fact does not appear in the order you want it to appear, edit the fact by opening the Edit Fact screen and inserting a date in the "sort date" field in the lower right corner. That fact will then sort according to the date you insert in that field.

#3 Alfred

Alfred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5734 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

You do not even have to SET the sort date, just keep the dates for the events in the proper order. If he died on July 20 1950, and you don't know the exact date of burial, just enter "After July 20 1950. IF you enter "July 1950" the program picks the center of the month, or the 15th for the sort date, and that would be too early so that the burial would show before the death. If you pick just the year, 1950, the sort day defaults to the center of the year, July 1 1950, that would be too early also.

Alfred