• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mwcne

mwcne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:34 AM

I would like to be able to copy an identical fact from one person to another as the exact fact may apply to more than one person or family member.

For example: After recording the immigration fact for one person in a large family it would be nice to duplicate this fact for other family members that immigrated at the same time, date & location.

<Mark>

#2 robertphilhower

robertphilhower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

I would like this also. Even if the fact is not exactly identical, it would save a lot of typing & typos.

#3 Guest_craigg_*

Guest_craigg_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:58 PM

An excellent idea. Would greatly speed up data entry for similar facts.

#4 emdebee

emdebee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:01 AM

I think it would be more 'windows' like to be able to select multiple people using the ctrl and shift keys and then edit all of them at once.

#5 Peggy

Peggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

I just posted a wish for family facts to appear in the fact list all members of the family. When someone pointed out complications with anything automatic, I thought of this 'wish'.

#6 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2005 - 06:35 AM

Yes, this sure would be ince when adding Census info for families! Something I'd like to see!!!

#7 Canyon Wolf

Canyon Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:00 PM

I and several others have asked for this before wink.gif

And I for one am still wishing for it dry.gif

Keep it simple - but memorize the whole thing complete with dates, places, descriptions, notes, sources, and media links. biggrin.gif

Canyon Wolf

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:53 AM

I, too, am still wishing for this and I want it just the way Canyon Wolf wants it:

Keep it simple - but memorize the whole thing complete with dates, places, descriptions, notes, sources, and media links.

I would pay the full price of the program for this one upgrade! biggrin.gif

#9 TaffyBlue

TaffyBlue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

As Jim said, this would be great for Census inputs. My decendants often have loads of children and having to do an individual census input for each is time consuming and annoying.