Photo

Master source list contents missing in RM7.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

The lists contents are gone, but the citations are still showing in the individual facts.

Any Ideas on where the contents went or how to import most of them from another database?

or what that file name would be?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8796 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 07:52 AM

That shouldn't disappear. I have seen odd things happen like this when the database file is inside a folder syncing to the cloud, like OneDrive, GoogleDrive or Dropbox. If you have it there move it into a folder that isn't being synced. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:31 AM

No, the database is on my computer and not in the cloud.  Any idea what the file name or extension is named?

#4 Jim Byram

Jim Byram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:09 PM

Your RM7 database file name is whatever you named it.

The RM7 database file type is .rmgc.

#5 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:13 PM

Yes, does that mean the master source list info is in that file and is now striped out or blocked as the rest of the geno info is still there?

#6 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:32 PM

The lists contents are gone, but the citations are still showing in the individual facts.

Any Ideas on where the contents went or how to import most of them from another database?

or what that file name would be?

Did you transfer an RM 7 file to RM 8 then back to RM7 because transferring back from RM 8 to RM 7 the source files do not transfer as this causes you to loose them as it happened to me as I have reported and not using RM now as I do not trust a Gedcom transfer via RM.

Have you saved an original RM 7 file that you can reload?

#7 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:05 PM

I didn't transfer back to RM7. But it seems it did happen anyway. All the backups I still have, have it missing too. I never did use a gedcom to get the data to RM8. I'll drag out my laptop and check there.

#8 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:49 PM

I didn't transfer back to RM7. But it seems it did happen anyway. All the backups I still have, have it missing too. I never did use a gedcom to get the data to RM8. I'll drag out my laptop and check there.

Dragging /Gedcom 8 to 7, it looks like the same results

#9 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:04 AM

I never did drag it back to RM7.

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8796 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:21 AM

You are going to Lists>Source List and it's blank, but when you look on the facts you see Citations. 

What type of Citations are showing on your facts? 

If you go to File>Properties what does it say under Sources and Citations?

Renee
RootsMagic

#11 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 03:19 PM

yes,

Mostly free form with some census and death and marriage certs.

I can't seem to be able to post an image of the properties.  People:  2403, families:  989, events:  5069, places: 907, Sources 2741, Citations: 5378

#12 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8796 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:23 AM

I'm going to recommend that you open up a chat so we can remotely view what is happening.  Visit www.rootsmagic.com to chat with a support agent. The "Need Help? Chat Now" button will appear in the lower right corner when an agent is available. The best hours to reach a support agent is between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM (MT), Monday through Friday.

Renee
RootsMagic