• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:14 PM

Somehow I managed to have two spouses for a guy one of which is Unknown but he only has one.  How do I get rid of the unknown spouse?

#2 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:55 PM

Somehow I managed to have two spouses for a guy one of which is Unknown but he only has one.  How do I get rid of the unknown spouse?

Should they be identical persons and details, just merge them.

Should you have added another spouse in error, just unlink the wrong spouse. If this person is not meant to be added to another spouse, child or parents, delete the person if it is not a person you wish to keep on file.

#3 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:44 PM

Unfortunately I can delete the unknown spouse because they have no name and no record and I can't un-link them for the same reason.  I tried cleaning phantom records, but it doesn't go away.

#4 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:42 PM

I seem to remember having the same problem. If I'm correct, I gave the unnamed person a name — I'm partial to Rumpelstiltskin — and was then able to delete her.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 08:31 AM

If children are linked to the person than an unknown spouse is added as a place holder. Unlink the children if they don't belong to that family group. Right-click Unlink>From Parents. 

Renee
RootsMagic