• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TaffyBlue

TaffyBlue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:26 PM

I have used Genbox in the past and found it useful to be able to produce a chart of everyone in my database. RM doesn't do this.

I now use RM all the time and find it the best program, apart from the fact that I have to keep exporting my database back to Genbox so I can print a full "everyone" chart.

Please could this new chart be added?

#2 nikki

nikki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

I'd appreciate this feature too. Besides tracking direct lineage and ancestry, one of the great benefits of software like this is to see where we fall in the tangled web of humanity that we call family.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

How would you do an "everyone chart" for a database with 16,252 people in it?

It seems to me that such a chart is feasible only for four or five generations of ancestors. You quickly reach a point where no single piece of paper is large enough.

It gets even worse if you think about descendant charts; a man born ca. 1591 can have a lot of descendants and even more people are involved; e.g. spouses, and in-laws

#4 Josev

Josev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

only 16.252 ?

you should try this with my database, currently at just short of 123,000 people

#5 TaffyBlue

TaffyBlue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

I appreciate an "Everyone Chart" isn't for ... well, everyone! But it would be nice to have the option. I know the chart is huge, but I like to see where I fit in the great scheme of things.

It has also been quite fun to print off a full chart (currently 100 sheets of A4) and stick them together, then get the family round and we all have a good look through and chat about the extended family. It's amazing how many new details or memories are triggered, just by looking at the tree.

I would love to have this option in RM ... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

#6 Guest_Carole Rashleigh_*

Guest_Carole Rashleigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:38 AM

I would like to see an all persons chart but realise this is impractical with large databases. Would it be possible to print out successives sheets that join up to make a big chart as a complete family tree?

#7 Reesy

Reesy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(TaffyBlue @ Aug 4 2005, 09:54 AM) View Post

I appreciate an "Everyone Chart" isn't for ... well, everyone! But it would be nice to have the option. I know the chart is huge, but I like to see where I fit in the great scheme of things.

It has also been quite fun to print off a full chart (currently 100 sheets of A4) and stick them together, then get the family round and we all have a good look through and chat about the extended family. It's amazing how many new details or memories are triggered, just by looking at the tree.

I would love to have this option in RM ... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Taffy, I'd like this too

Reesy (a Taffy also...)

#8 Guest_Guest_Mark_*_*

Guest_Guest_Mark_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:32 AM

I agree. I too spend lots of time exporting gedcom files so that I can print a complete chart using other programs.

While this feature may not be for everyone, for those who have perhaps no more than several hundred names on file it is a great thing to be able to print a complete chart.

I have access to a plotter, and using third party programmes it is easy to get all the names and relationships (500) on an A0 page.

So this sort of facility, coupled with some general seslection criteria (date ranges, or no of generations) would be welcomed and very usable.

#9 mortswife

mortswife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:09 PM

I think this is a great idea. Multiple sheets is the way it works now for a tree. The option would be terrific.

#10 Jim Belanger

Jim Belanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE(Josev @ Jul 28 2005, 05:40 PM) View Post

only 16.252 ?

you should try this with my database, currently at just short of 123,000 people

Just short of 125,000 here but each one was entered manually, one at a time, no imports!
JIM.B.NH