• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 01:38 PM

How will:

Set Relationships

Relationship Calculator

Currently under _Tools_ in RM7...

...Be Handled In RootsMagic 8?  Capabilities And Limitations.

Spencer Hines

"Genealogy is an infinite binary series -- both progressively and regressively -- propagated by means of a terminal, sexually-transmitted disease, producing a 100% death rate -- which we call Life." -- D. Spencer Hines - 4 June 1997

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:34 AM

This has not been covered yet in any of the preview videos of RootsMagic 8. Those under non-disclosure and are beta testing RM8 are not allowed to comment. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 10:01 AM

Yes.  It would be useful and salient to hear from BB on this issue.

Spencer

"Genealogy is an infinite binary series -- both progressively and regressively -- propagated by means of a terminal, sexually-transmitted disease, producing a 100% death rate -- which we call Life." -- D. Spencer Hines - 4 June 1997

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 11:33 AM

He's pretty busy right now. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:10 AM

Non-disclosure is now over. You can set relationships in RM8. In order to see the relationships, you need to have the Info panel open. The relationship no longer appears on the bottom of the screen. 

~ Debbie

#6 dhwalt

dhwalt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

PC with Win10

People > People List > Tools > Relationship calculator

I have been able to click a Select person button but the People picker opens to a window occupying the full screen and more i.e. all controls are off screen and no way to resize. Fails and requires an ESC to exit - one for Test Feedback. Unless someone has a fix?

***Above was immediately followed by RM8 crashing - no data loss.

#7 JimDavis79

JimDavis79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 07:25 AM

While this is a kludge, try setting your system text size to the next smaller.  Settings > System > Display > Scale and layout.  I had the issue at 125% text size, but not at 100%.

Best regards, Jim

"When you shake my family tree, nuts fall out."

#8 dhwalt

dhwalt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 08:07 AM

Jim

Thanks for the reply. I am using a high dpi monitor 4500 * 3000 and the recommended is 200%. At 100% magnifier required - 125% just about readable. Resized at 100% to postage stamp then back to 200% and with more shrinkage the kludge worked. I hope the resize is remembered on restarts etc!!

#9 Romer

Romer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2092 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 08:07 AM

dhwalt, a webpage for feedback for the RM8 preview can be found at http://rootsmagic.com/preview/feedback.  You may want to submit those comments there.

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:24 AM

Yes, we do want to keep discussion on any issue with RootsMagic 8 on the feedback forum or in the RootsMagic 8 Community Preview Facebook page. Those directions were given when registering for the community preview. 

On your issue with the screen size you want to use Ctrl+Shift+U and select "Reset Program Settings" then close RM8. Reopen and the screen will be back to the default settings and can remember the size when set correctly. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Relationships