2 replies to this topic

#1 mleroux

mleroux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 09:16 AM

Apologies for what is likely a silly question. I'm a long time user of RM, but this is my first attempt to use narrative reports.

In the options for the narrative reports (Descendants, NGSQ) there is an option to print images. In my case, no images print. I do have images that are marked as primary images - I read in an earlier post that there could only be one photo for an individual, and the primary image was chosen (Note: I think that this is a pretty severe limitation)

In any case, I'll settle for one image - I just can't seem to find a way to do it

Any help would be appreciated

thanks]

marc

Marc
Always learning and loving the discovery process. Focusing on the Huntingdon and Soulanges areas of Quebec - O'Connor/Leroux/Walsh/McCann/Savage/Lalonde/Lauzon

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3978 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 10:57 PM

The one image that can be printed in narrative reports for a person must be tagged to the person, not to facts for the person. It must be entered into RM as an image, not a file. It must be of an image type that RM supports, which I think includes JPG, PNG, and TIF. I know for sure that JPG works. It must be marked primary. And finally the Include Photos options must be enabled in the reports options.

I agree that the one photo per person is a severe limitation. We do not know at this time if this restriction will be any different in RM8 or other future version of RM.

Jerry

#3 mleroux

mleroux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 04:44 PM

Thanks, Jerry. I didn’t have them tagged to the person

Marc
Always learning and loving the discovery process. Focusing on the Huntingdon and Soulanges areas of Quebec - O'Connor/Leroux/Walsh/McCann/Savage/Lalonde/Lauzon