#1 Jasper2

Jasper2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 04:28 AM

Bonjour,

- 1- I would like to export data like this :

"Surname, Name of place, longitude, latitude" in a std format .The objective is to position people  on a map.

Is there a simple solution to solve this problem?

-2-: The coordinates could they be expressed in decimal degrees. Most of major mapping applications use this std (google, bing, geoportail, an so on). Why sexadecimal format is maintained ? Is there a way to convert it to the decimal format ?.

Thank's for your help

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3551 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:24 PM

Bonjour,

- 1- I would like to export data like this :

"Surname, Name of place, longitude, latitude" in a std format .The objective is to position people  on a map.

Is there a simple solution to solve this problem?

-2-: The coordinates could they be expressed in decimal degrees. Most of major mapping applications use this std (google, bing, geoportail, an so on). Why sexadecimal format is maintained ? Is there a way to convert it to the decimal format ?.

Thank's for your help

You can already do this in RM if the places have been geocoded just go to Tools > Mapping it would also appear some more engancements have been made in RM8. I don't have a stock photo from RM but most genealogy packages do this in a similar way and the one below whilst from another program shows the result.

mapping-timeline.png

Keeping ones customers and their important views at a distance is never a good approach

User of Family Historian 7.0, Rootsmagic 7.6.3

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root