5 replies to this topic

#1 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:44 AM

Tried twice, 2nd time I got a "not compatible with this version of Windows" message, but there were other abort messages first.

#2 Jim Byram

Jim Byram

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:22 AM

I updated to RM 7.6.4.0 under Catalina with no problem.

(using RM for Mac with the latest Crossover wrapper)

#3 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:46 AM

I had no problem when upgrading under full CrossOver on Catalina (all latest versions). Just followed the usual prompt from the news panel that there was a new version and it just downloaded and installed as per a normal RM update. Don’t see why the wrapper should be any different.

#4 Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Robert-Leigh:Pritchett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:06 PM

Yes, it worked marvelously the same with Catalina (no real bug fixes that are Mac-specific), but forget it when going to Big Sur. Big Sur requires 64-bit apps, nothing less.

#5 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:49 AM

but forget it when going to Big Sur. Big Sur requires 64-bit apps, nothing less.

So does Catalina. That is what the kerfuffle was all about 1 year ago. Seems like yesterday.

But yes, the wrapper will need an update - or RM8 will have to have emerged. (I did suggest some time ago that there would/might be an interesting race for us Mac users.)

I note that Codeweavers seem to be suggesting that the next version of CrossOver will run under Big Sur, so I, as a user of full CrossOver, may be OK with RM7, but the wrapper will need updating if RM7 for Mac is to run on Big Sur. That applies to Intel Macs. The question of CrossOver support for Windows applications on Apple Silicon Macs is still unanswered, and hopefully will be academic for most if not all Mac users of RM.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:23 AM

There was an issue with the very first upload to our servers for the Mac version of update 7.6.4.0.  Those receiving may have had an issue. If that happened doing a complete uninstall / reinstall should resolve it. 

https://support.root...agic-on-the-Mac

Renee
RootsMagic