1 reply to this topic

#1 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

When you are adding a Source from FTFS to RM7 you get a dialog titled "What do you want to do with this FamilySearch Source?". 

If you want to add the source (the default action) you are presented with a list of events in the RM7 person that you can attach this source to.

Each event in the list is presented as a checkbox, an event name and the associated event date.

I have cases where the same event and date could have happened in more than one place - for example a marriage recorded in 2 different communities. They get registered in each marriage register on the same date and therefore there are 2 sources. One source says it happened in place A and the other in place B. It is often not easy/possible to know which one had the actual marriage performed first and which is just a recording of the event. I usually put both of them as marriage events for the couple and tag each marriage event with the relevant source record.

But when looking at this dialog it just shows event and date but NOT the place, so I have a 50/50 chance of picking the right one to attach the source to and I always need to go back and edit the person to make sure I have the right source on the right event.

Please show the location after the date in this checkbox list.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:32 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic