2 replies to this topic

#1 NEreswearcher

NEreswearcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but it's an RM7 question. I have looked at the RM interface to both Ancestry and Familysearch.  I think RM did a great job of programming the interface, but to date I have found almost nothing of value in either interface and I want to permanently disable any interaction with either Ancestry or Familysearch. All the info that I get from either is by logging on and searching for documents, downloading those documents and then incorporating those sources into my family tree manually.

I have used the file options to reduce any exposure I have but I am a doubting Thomas and I don't think I have completed what I want.Any Help?

#2 JimDavis79

JimDavis79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

NEreswearcher, you're on the right track.  To disable the interaction, do these things:

-- click on Internet, TreeShare for Ancestry and make sure you're signed out.

-- click on Tools, File Options and WebHints.  un-check all the boxes.  While in File options, click on the left pane icons for Ancestry, Family Search and My Heritage, others if you have them.  In Ancestry, Disconnect from Ancestry Tree and un-check all options.  In FamilySearch, un-check all options and remove login info.  In MyHeritage, un-check all options.

I'm pretty sure that is all you can do, but others will correct me if I've left something out.

Best regards, Jim

"When you shake my family tree, nuts fall out."

#3 NEreswearcher

NEreswearcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:15 AM

Thanks Jim,

I checked with what I had done and i further got rid of MY Heritage. That probably was not necessary but I don't have their subscription so I don't think I a missing anything.

Thanks again.