2 replies to this topic

#1 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:24 AM

Bit of frustration I have just entered a 1st cousin twice removed linked him to parents and the blood line name color indicator doesn't show the blood line color indicator? I have another 1st cousin twice removed linked to the same parents and the blood line indicator shows no problem.

Been tearing my hair out for an hour looking for what I may have done different and can not see anything other that the entries are identical apart from the names. If I check the relationship calculator it confirms 1st cousin twice removed for both entries so the bloodline is connected but the indicator only show one is connected?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ian

#2 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 04:50 AM

If you mean by "bloodline" a group membership or color assignment, they have to be done manually when a new person is entered.

#3 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

Thanks for turning the light bulb on. I must have chosen the do all function from my GGX13 Grandfather after I entered 99% of my ancestors back in 2017 so didn't recall doing them all individually. Must have selected color all ancestors and descendants when I initially set the colors otherwise I would have remembered doing it nearly 200 times.

For those like me who gets stumped go;

Highlight the person you wish to color

Go to tools

Select > Color Code People

Select > Desired color (clear color if that is what you want to happen, returns text to black)

Select > What you want to happen under the "For These People" color all ancestors, descendant or individuals from the person highlighted

Thanks again for  breaking the loop I was getting dizzy going around in circles...