1 reply to this topic

#1 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 01:52 PM

I may have a marriage event and a correct date, but a cleaned up name such as Egypt, Boonies, Georgia, United States that's geo-coded. If I get a match on Treeshare and want to copy the source and the location in the source record is Egypt, Georgia and the dates match the only way to copy the source info is to replace my cleaned up location with the "dirty" one and TreeShare will mark the event with the source then I have to fix it up again, or add it as a new event and memorize the source and paste it on the "good" event. If the data matches the only way is it add it as a new event. This results in a lot of memorizing, pasting, then deleting the "bad" event.

I would like a way to copy the source citation ONLY with no data transfer. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8621 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:43 PM

In TreeShare you can choose to just copy over the source. The date and place fields are separate selections so you don't need to add anything you don't want. In WebHints there is a checkbox "Add hint to selected fact". It will only copy the source over if you have that checked and nothing checked at the top. So you don't need to move facts you don't want. 

Renee
RootsMagic