7 replies to this topic

#1 Donna Watts

Donna Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 09:29 PM

Hi,

I had purchasd a new computer nine months ago as I was having problems with RM7, went good for a few weeks than I posted on this forum for help for about a month and there was no solution.

Had a warranty claim on the new computer and the hard drive was replaced. 

Reformatted and set up the old computer to run windows 7 and continued using it. Several months later after the new hard dirve was installed decided to try the new computer again. After a while the same issues have reoccured, contacted Dell again they do not know why I am having problems, will replace the mother board under warranty in the next few weeks as a precautionary matter.

Have only been using the old windows 7 computer for a few hours this morning and one of the issues is reoccuring already.

The display field for the individual does not show the just entered data.

I have a screen grab of this if it can be posted?

It is becoming increasingly frustrating as there has been issues for several years know.

#2 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:01 AM

Donna, where are your other posts? Under your profile area, it says "1 posts"

To post an image, you can put the screenshot in Dropbox then share the link to it. 

Are you in the "Edit Person" window when you see that the just entered data doesn't appear? 

~ Debbie

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8621 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:11 AM

It might be easier to use the RootsMagic Users Facebook group so you can show images. This would help us understand the issue better. After saving the data try closing and reopening the Edit Person screen to see if it refreshes. Also run the File>Database Tools after a fresh restart of RootsMagic. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Donna Watts

Donna Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

I have posted on the face book page just now with the pictures.

#5 Donna Watts

Donna Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:06 AM

My husband found that Neilson Online survery software was running in the background and windows might have thought of this as malware, since he has removed the program the cpu usage has become normal and I have not had an issue yet with RM7, hopefully problem solved.

Hope this might help some one else.

#6 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3774 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:06 AM

I know nothing about Neilson Online survey software. If it's legitimate, you wouldn't think it would be causing excessive CPU usage. It's possible it really was malware disguising itself as Neilson Online survey software. Or maybe a legitimate copy of Neilson Online survey software really is causing excessive CPU usage. Either way you don't want it around.

Jerry

#7 Donna Watts

Donna Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 AM

I have been a part of their online survey for many years and they collect browser usage information and reward me with a selection of shopping vouchers. It also adda an extension to my chrome browser. Windows defender was working at over 50% cpu usage and when using roots magic cpu would go up to 100% and eventually roots magic would stop responding. Since uninstaling the software everything appears to be "normal" at the moment.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8621 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

I thought my hard drive was failing on me once, but it turned out to be a browser extension my bank recommended. 

Renee
RootsMagic