Photo

Error message when compacting database while trying to remove an unwelcome phantom record

phantom error message SQL Error Compact File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gnlgymd

gnlgymd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:58 AM

Hi,

I have a phantom record which is refusing to budge.  The Clean Phatom Records command in Database Tools shift it.  I had a problem like this once before and I compacted the database.  However whenever I try to do this now I am getting the following Error message:

SQLITE Error 1 - cannot VACUUM - SQL statements in progress.

I have tried to export to a gedcom and import as a new file but still getting the same message.

Please help me solve this frustrating conundrum...

Thanks,

Kay

#2 gnlgymd

gnlgymd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:03 AM

Forgot to say that I am running the most up to date version of RootsMagic 7 on Windows 10.

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3929 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:54 AM

Are you running anything at all that might be reading your database while you are compacting it? Backup software? Dropbox or OneDrive or Google Drive. Anti-virus software doing a scan? Etc.

Jerry

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:19 AM

It's best to run the Compact Database tool after a refresh restart of RootsMagic. You can also try turning off the WebHints under Tools>File Options>WebHints and logout of TreeShare if auto-login is enabled and see if that helps. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6435 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 03:49 PM

Compacting won't eliminate phantoms. If Delete Phantoms does not clear it, more extreme measures ate needed.

The SQLite error message in this context just indicates that RM is interfering with itself. Which is why Renee recommends running Compact immediately on opening the database.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.