• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sethlemley

Sethlemley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:18 AM

Im trying to find out the person associated with a specific place. The list place feature just lists the place not who is linked to that place. I know how to generate a custom report for specific facts like birth or burial to list the place. But I want to list everyone across all facts associated with a specific place.
My reason for this is a boneheaded error on my part. I mistakenly entered a date in the place field and didnt catch it till much later. So I have a place now listed as 10-1-1887. I cant see who this is attached too. I can delete the place from the place list but Id like to discover who this is attached to because Im pretty sure the date for the event is blank. If I knew who this was I could replace the date with the correct one.
Thanks in advance

#2 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:22 AM

Go to the place list and highllght the incorrect place. Click "print," then "generate report." That should do it.

#3 Sethlemley

Sethlemley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:32 AM

Thanks. Ive been trying everything under the sun to get this and it was so simple. I had a feeling it would be. Again thanks its much appreciated.

#4 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 07:54 AM

It's hardly intuitive. I've often thought the term "print" on the place list should have been "report" or some such.

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3869 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:45 PM

And there is no Print button (or Report button) for Place Details. Which also is not intuitive.

Jerry

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3486 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 06:59 AM

And there is no Print button (or Report button) for Place Details. Which also is not intuitive.

Jerry

Despite 10 years of asking

annoyed.png

Customers should never be frustrated by things they cannot do.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.3, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root