• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carols86000

carols86000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

Is it possible to edit or hide a field in a report, including a blank report? I like to send these to relatives to add or edit existing facts in the database. For example, The field I don't want to include is "chr" for "christen" as most of my relatives are Jewish, and may be confused or even offended to be asked when they were christened. I know I could explain this in an email but some people might forget. I understand that I might not be able to do this because it might mean deleting one of the built in facts in Roots Magic. Does anyone have any ideas or a workaround to suggest?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6338 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:54 AM

In Lists > Fact Type List you can disable a fact type from being included in reports.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

Use Blessing instead of Christening.   Blessing has many different meanings in the many different  denominations of the Christian Churches and I would think it could work for you.  Bar... and BAs..... are also there.   Just a suggestion.

On the sheet that you are using put a footnote saying what is means in your Religious affiliation. 

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0