• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teach3r

teach3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

Hello everyone - thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

Because of problems with my sight I have had to change my Windows 10 settings to "High Contrast" in the Ease of Access settings.  Unfortunately, this has had a major knock on effect with RM7 in that all my names on my Index list are now showing as black text on a black background (i.e. not visible!).  If I click on where a name should be then it does show up in yellow (only for as long as it has been selected).

In a similar way, clicking on any of the menu items such as File, Edit, etc gives me a drop down list of white text on a white background (i.e. not visible!).  I can scroll down through the menu and see each item as it gets highlighted (but only the highlighted submenu).

The final straw is when I then visit the facts for an individual, everything is black text on a black background!  Again, invisible!

Could some kind soul please point me in the direction of how to get RM7 to work with Windows 10's High Contrast settings or is this impossible?

Thank you,

Nic

#2 RuthA

RuthA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:36 AM

Have you tried colour coding the names, to see if that offers a contrast?

#3 teach3r

teach3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:00 AM

Hi Ruth - thank you for taking the time to help.  I have now changed the contrast to a black / white one and that seems to have done the trick!

Regards,

Nic

#4 ricko2001

ricko2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:40 PM

This is a great reminder that all software should have test cases which check usability with the various Accessibility options enabled.