First thing I would check is Adding An Exception To the Mac Firewall
1. Open your System Preferences on your dock.
2. Click the Security or Security & Privacy icon.
3. Select the Firewall tab.
4. Click on the gold lock icon in the lower left side of the preference pane, then enter your administrator password that you set up for the Mac computer.
5. If the firewall is turned off please turn it on. We recommend that you leave the firewall on at all times. Then click on the Firewall Options button
6. Click the Add Application (+) button.
7. This will open up a screen allowing you to look for RootsMagic. Go to your Applications folder. Look for RootsMagic. When you see RootsMagic double click on it. This will add it to the firewall exceptions list for you.
8. Click Add.
9. Click OK.