• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 warhorse

warhorse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 02:46 PM

I would like to see a source type citation for English probate records based off the National Archives UK or the Church Records, Parish Registers (original) template with optional FHL microfilm number, if known.  I have a few English probate records and have to get rather creative in doing citations.

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1690 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:35 PM

I see no one has answered this. I use books and records from both ancestry.com and familysearch.org.  If it is a census record, I use the citation/documentation template for the census record and use ancestry.com or familysearch.org as the repository.  In using the templates that RM has, on the main screen citation I label it a digital image, then I state that "this was digitized by ancestry.com "   or......

Those two online places are NOT original owners of a document. 

If they have an index of a searched book and not a digitized picture, I will include that in the citation.  Like the old Dobb indexes from early research days at the Family Search local libraries, Before digitizing.

I do this for death certificates that are digitized.  If it from an index in a book, and I can look at the book online, means they have digitized the book.  But I have many MN death certificates from MN Historical Society which has them microfilmed and can make a copy.  I treat them the same way as the original Death Certificates are at MN Vital Records and MN Historical Society is the Repository and I made a copy from the microfilm copy.  I labeled in the citation/documentation where the original information is and that MN Historical Society has a microfilm copy..

Took me several years and participate in, many discussions in the past on this forum, as how to label them. And from those discussions, I made my decision on how to do them. Bill did a lot of work with Elizabeth Shown Mills [EE] to create those templates and I use them often.     :)

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0 

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8692 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:29 AM

There are some users submitted UK source templates here - https://sites.google...e/rm4templates/

Renee
RootsMagic