• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emkaysmith

emkaysmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 01:12 PM

Just this morning,since opening Roots7 after a Win10 update and a reboot, I find I can no longer paste anything into a Note, not on any fact tag. If I do a CTR-V, I get a popup with the message "Paste: Cannot open clipboard: Access is denied."

I can copy text from the Note field and paste it elsewhere. I can copy text into any other field in the upper-right part of the "Edit Person" screen -- names and places and so on. I just can't copy text and paste it into the Note field -- not even text I'm copying from the Note field itself (which is a pain when I'm trying to do something repetitive, like a census listing).

This appears to be the case with all my databases, because I tried doing copy-paste in several others. Closing and reopening the program doesn't help. Neither does rebooting the computer. Anyone familiar with this issue? Any ideas? I really DON'T want to have to reinstall the whole program.

Mike

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:08 AM

I haven't heard of this. Go to Tools>Program Options>General and check the box "Use plain text when pasting to notes" and see if that makes a difference. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:05 PM

This may be unlikely, but I know (to my occasional sorrow) that some gaming keyboards have a switch which disables some of the Windows editing functions.