3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Yaklin

Dan Yaklin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

When I download a tree from Ancestry using TreeShare, in the name field in Ancestry are source documents that do not download to RootsMagic file.  The icon for sources is pink in Ancestry and blank in RootsMagic and there does not appear to be a method to sync this field.

Any ideas?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6436 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:54 AM

The sources are downloaded but not made visible in RM7. Supposed to be fixed in RM8.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 BarryBoyer

BarryBoyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:27 PM

I have a very large RM file which has been gone through the TreeShare process for quite some time. I recently discovered many names in my database file are said to be on Ancestry, but not "your RootsMagic file yet."

I asked for help on the RM Facebook page and it was suggested that I download my Ancestry Tree into a new file. Which I did. Perhaps many of these problems disappeared but not all. 

Once, I added the person from Ancestry to my RootsMagic file. Sure enough, I now had the same person twice. I removed the duplicate and when I went to TreeShare, that person was in Ancestry but not RootsMagic. Of course it was there, but TreeShare says otherwise.

Is there any hope?

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8722 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:58 AM

Before adding anyone to Ancestry or RootsMagic its best to uncheck the "Only show changed people" box. That way you can check that the same person isn't in the database or tree twice. 

Renee
RootsMagic