2 replies to this topic

#1 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

Now that CrossOver has shipped a 64-bit version that supports - or purports to support - Windows applications on MacOS Catalina, is anyone successfully using RootsMagic under the full version of CrossOver running on Catalina?

I have been hesitating to make the leap, so would be interested in any experience others have had, good or bad.

I had been hoping RM8 would have made the above migration unnecessary, but time is rather passing.

#2 RWells1938

RWells1938

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

I have been using the full version of Crossover for RM7 running Catalina ever since it was introduced.

I have not had any more problems than I had before Catalina.

I have always used the full version fo Crossover to run RM and other genealogy programs for a long time.

Still waiting for RM8 though.

Roger

#3 RWells1938

RWells1938

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

A warning!

Just this morning I had a problem with RM7 running on Catalina with Crossover 19.

When I do an gedcom export the first family sources do not export. If I have linked sources in the first family the are exported.

The only thing I can attribute the problem to is it happened about the time I upgraded. Or maybe something is bad with just this one family but I tried several other family files with the same result.

If anyone else can give it a try and let us know. Maybe it is just my file but I have tried multi files, made sure the database tools were run and OK, restarted the mac. Looked at the gedcom file and the sources are missing from just this one family as far as I can tell.

The one thing odd is if I select just the number 1 family to export the sources are missing. If I select just the another family that is not family 1 then it works ok. Which points to something being wrong with just this number one family? But again I have tried several different files with the same results.

Roger