• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:16 AM

For some reason, when I did a TreeShare earlier this morning, the media I had just added directly in ancestry.com for a person did not appear in the information to update for this person in RM7. I tried twice, once with Firefox and then Chrome open so it wouldn't use IE. I edited the data for this person to test TreeShare again. It recognized my changes but it still didn't show the new media stored in ancestry.

Between the last time I did a TreeShare and this morning, I installed Avast AV Free software. Could this be the problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks so much for any ideas!

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8541 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:18 AM

Do you have more than one Ancestry tree? Check the tree name the database is connected to at the very top of TreeShare. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

Do you have more than one Ancestry tree? Check the tree name the database is connected to at the very top of TreeShare. 

Thanks for replying. The TreeShare is showing the correct ancestry.com tree as well as showing data changes, but not the media. Weird!

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8541 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:26 AM

Where is the media attached on Ancestry?  If it's with a source citation then it will be attached there and should come over when adding the source. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:59 AM

Where is the media attached on Ancestry?  If it's with a source citation then it will be attached there and should come over when adding the source. 

The media wasn't attached to any fact on Ancestry. I've done so and will see what TreeShare does now. Thanks for the idea! I also made a small change to see if it would show up in Tree Share. The small change showed up but not the media nor the new source/associated fact. Also if I look at the individual profile page, there is nothing checked for Media but the Media file for this person has 3 previously added items. So odd! Any other ideas?

#6 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:44 AM

Update: I tried TreeShare with no browser open - no luck. I downloaded the image from Ancestry and added to profile plus added the new source. Then ran TreeShare and still no media at all is showing up for this individual. Other profiles are showing the media properly. I also ran Database Tools except for Compact. Not sure what else I can do... thanks for any assistance!

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8541 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

I gather the media you are adding is in RM on the Person row?  Did you mark it their profile image? If so there is an issue adding it marked that way because Ancestry has two areas for Person and General media, and RM only has one. To upload it try moving the media to a different fact. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

I gather the media you are adding is in RM on the Person row?  Did you mark it their profile image? If so there is an issue adding it marked that way because Ancestry has two areas for Person and General media, and RM only has one. To upload it try moving the media to a different fact. 

Thanks, Renee! I sure appreciate your help. Actually, the media in Ancestry is attached to a fact and source. The fact gets transferred to RM but not the image or the source. The individual has images previously added which are in both RM and Ancestry, but they are not shown in the TreeShare page for that person. On the RM individual profile page, the box is empty for Media, but clicking on Media shows they're there. Curious, I added a new person to see what would happen. The person came through from Ancestry to RM fine, but not the associated media and source for him either. Most if not all other individuals in RM have their Media box ticked.

I've added RM (exe file path) and Ancestry (url) as exceptions to Avast, but that didn't help either.

Any other thoughts? I'll check the Avast forum to see if anyone has posted the same/similar problem as well as ask for help from them.

Thanks again!

#9 gramssearch

gramssearch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:42 PM

Update: I turned off Avast and tested TreeShare and although the new image isn't being shown to upload, the source to which it's attached is. When I click on that to update, it does so now. Clearly this is a compatibility issue between RM and Avast. I'm hoping my query at Avast forum will be answered with an easy fix.

Thanks again for helping!