5 replies to this topic

#1 gerwally

gerwally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

I uploaded a new tree to Ancestry using Tree Share but Ancestry hints are only appearing on a few people.  They are not appearing on people they were appearing on before.  I have signed in and out of Ancestry on RM and have all the boxes checked for Ancestry under Tools.  Does anyone have any idea why I am not getting the Ancestry hints on people they were appearing on before?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

The hints are generated on the Ancestry tree online. Go to Ancestry and move around in the tree to help it generate the hints. It won't take long for them to appear in WebHints after that. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:33 PM

I don't see hints either. Under "Internet - tree share for Ancestry" I am signed in. However, my only options are to "upload and connect" or "download and connect"

I'm able to see the tree I uploaded at the Ancestry website; however, none of the people in the tree have any hints. How do I fix it? I watched the educational RootsMagic video on that topic but didn't see a solution. 

~ Debbie

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6444 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:31 PM

Renee gave the usual response - do something in the Ancestry Tree that draws the hint generators attention. Maybe trying some searches on some of the people in the tree would be a better attention-getter than simply viewing people.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:42 AM

I don't see hints either. Under "Internet - tree share for Ancestry" I am signed in. However, my only options are to "upload and connect" or "download and connect"

I'm able to see the tree I uploaded at the Ancestry website; however, none of the people in the tree have any hints. How do I fix it? I watched the educational RootsMagic video on that topic but didn't see a solution. 

The RootsMagic database needs to be connected to an Ancestry Tree, and TreeShare logged in, in order to receive any Ancestry hints. It sounds like you only uploaded a tree to Ancestry, possibly with a GEDCOM, and not by using TreeShare.  When you open TreeShare you want to upload your database. It will created a new tree there. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 mapleleaf

mapleleaf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

Renee, I uploaded a tree using TreeShare in RootsMagic to Ancestry.com on a Windows 10 computer. I did not upload a GEDCOM. 

I'm now trying to upload a new tree using TreeShare. It already had 2 errors while uploading. After sending the error to RootsMagic, the upload continued where it left off. It's at 90% now. 

~ Debbie