2 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan589

Jonathan589

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

The default size of boxes on any wall chart is generally fine for me, but now and then I'd like to alter the sizes of many boxes at the same time. For example a chart may have scores or even hundreds of boxes where I just want to show the name of each person, and make all the boxes smaller. Is there a way to select a collection of name boxes and edit the properties to (say) make them all one inch square, or to copy the properties of an adjusted box into the properties of a pile of other ones?

Thanks, Jonathan

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

If you click on a box and then hold the Shift key down it will let you click and select other boxes. Then when you drag the corners to expand one box it will expand all the boxes selected. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jonathan589

Jonathan589

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

Thank you Renee, and I was aware of that way and also drawing a marquee around a bunch of boxes to select them. It's perfect as a quickie way to adjust box sizes but if you have loads of them on the sheet and you adjust them by eye and then add other boxes copied from another file and then change your mind about part of them, it becomes useful to use the properties to make boxes a specific size.

One can change the default properties on setting up a new chart but I fancied changing the size properties of a number of boxes simultaneously like one can with the font or line thickness.

(This is not a vital operation for me, just something I occasionally hit when setting up some complicated charts.)

Cheers, Jonathan