4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Yaklin

Dan Yaklin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

I am running RM7 on a Mac and am having an issue on a particular fact that I have shared with several people. This particular fact is not appearing in the person pages of the those people it has been shared with, although it shows on the share screen for that fact as being shared with several people.

I have run all of the file database tools and restarted RM7, but the shared fact is still not appearing in the person pages of people it was shared with.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dan

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3927 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

Are you certain you really shared the with those people? What I mean is, when you share a fact you can just type the name rather than actually sharing with an individual i in your database. So maybe did you just type the name?

Jerry

#3 Dan Yaklin

Dan Yaklin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

It appears that that might be the problem. What happens if you type a name in that is not exactly spelled the same as the person in the database? It doesn't seem to add a person to the database. It seems like it just doesn't link anywhere. It would be nice to have a popup saying this person is not in the database.

Dan

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3927 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:30 AM

The whole point of "just type a name" is to be able to enter a person who is not in the database. It doesn't matter if you spell it the same as somebody who is in the database or not. Either way, the "just type a name" option does not link to somebody in the database. To link to somebody in the database, you have to choose the "Choose person from database" option.

Jerry

#5 Dan Yaklin

Dan Yaklin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:20 PM

OK thanks for the help.

Dan