• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hubby

hubby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:15 AM

RootsMagic 7; There seems to be little point to the Relationship setting because it is visible only in the Edit Person screen and is otherwise totally ignored. To me, if I choose "step" for the relationship to parent or parents then this should be reflected in reports which it doesn't. Come on RootsMagic what's the point of the settings for a parent-child relationship if they are not being used to any effect particularly in reports. RootsMagic 8 may have it sorted but I'm not holding my breath

#2 Nettie

Nettie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1685 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

In order for my situation as Guardian, court ordered to show.  I added the fact "Guardian" to the child's facts. If can't find a fact/event that fits yours, create one or use Misc.  Then it shows in the FGS and in other reports. 

Update...

Went and looked at the list and Children Living could be used as a fact, or FACT could be used, or create your own.  Every new one I have created are at the top of the list with a ! in front of the name like "!Unresolved Problem"   no quotes.  I have about 6 of them.  Laura in her comments from several years ago, made several suggestions also  like !Find Census or !To Do.      

Genealogy:
"I work on genealogy only on days that end in "Y"." [Grin!!!]
from www.GenealogyDaily.com.
"Documentation....The hardest part of genealogy"
"Genealogy is like Hide & Seek: They Hide & I Seek!"
" Genealogists: People helping people.....that's what it's all about!"
from http://www.rootsweb....nry/gentags.htm
Using FO and RM since FO2.0