• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

I have a database where the white or yellow bulbs have stopped showing up.  I am signed in on the familysearch and ancestry websites,  Other databases are working fine. Any Ideas?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:57 PM

FamilySearch and Findmypast WebHints have not been work for at least a week, if not longer.  The Ancestry WebHints should be working. Make sure you are signed into TreeShare under Internet>TreeShare for Ancestry. The hints are generated on the Ancestry website for the tree. Check if you see hints appearing there. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:26 AM

It took a while, but I got it to work. I had to upload a new database instead of using the one I had entered on their website.

Thanx for your help.

#4 R Cummings

R Cummings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

Oh Man, I just upgraded from ver 7.5.9, I always put off upgrading any program until I am sure the bugs are worked out!

I am not sure which database the poster is talking about or if what he got working is Ancestry

I care only about Webhints at FamilySearch were working on 7.5.9, can I roll back somehow?

#5 tuxxj

tuxxj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

The hints for ancestry are working,  Familysearch hints are still not showing up.

#6 R Cummings

R Cummings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

Thank you for the response, I guess I should start a new topic to find out if rolling back the version would help

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Rolling back in RM version numbers won't make a difference. The issue is with the individuals WebHint providers Hinting APIs.

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 R Cummings

R Cummings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:31 AM

Since we are on the subject, am I right in thinking that I could uninstall Rootsmagic and then reinstall the  7.5.9 version that I have the installer for without damaging anything?

There hasn't been any change to the database or anything? or no odd runtime installed that would be left behind to bolix things?

I only understand enough to make a mess.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:44 AM

You won't have an issue opening the database in 7.5.9 after being in 7.6.2.0

Renee
RootsMagic

#10 R Cummings

R Cummings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:54 PM

You won't have an issue opening the database in 7.5.9 after being in 7.6.2.0

Cool, I always read the update notes, I will assume that if there were any changes to the database that would be mentioned.

Thank you

#11 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:24 AM

Version 7 is very unique. It can be opened in RM6 and then back again. The decision was made not to change the file format to make that possible.  All other versions its not possible to move backwards once opened in a newer version.   

Renee
RootsMagic