• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ardeaitch

ardeaitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

I’ve got a RootsMagic folder in Dropbox that was created quite some time ago for the RM app on my iPhone. I’ve now got an iPad also and would like to access the file on it as well, but the app is not allowing me to access it. When I choose the Dropbox method after opening the RM app, all I see is a bar that says “unlink Dropbox account”. I’m not provided the opportunity to select the dB I want to see... I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted the iPad and generally tried all kinds of things to get it to work without success. I don’t have my laptop available, so using the iTunes method to sync up is not a possibility right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

Try installing the Dropbox App on your iPad too. Then see if will connect. Make sure you are using the same Dropbox account on both apps. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 ardeaitch

ardeaitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the response. I’ve deleted the app, rebooted the iPad and reinstalled with the same result. I’m definitely using the right Dropbox account. I can see the files when I attempt to link the app up to the data file.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8493 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:12 PM

Do you have a database (.rmgc) file inside the Dropox\Apps\RootsMagic folder. Make sure its not a backup. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 ardeaitch

ardeaitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:44 PM

I dug a little deeper and, sure enough, it was a backup file I was trying to sync with. I got my laptop back and was able to resync. All is well. Thank you for the help.