• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sundancer268

Sundancer268

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 12:50 PM

I have several family members in Roots Magic 7.6.1.0 that do not match the Family Search ID's, like my wife and several aunts & Uncles.  When I go to merge them in RM I get error messages and when I go in to FS and try and merge them, I am told the RM person ID doesn't exist.  How can I change the persons ID in RM manually so it matches the ID in Family Search?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8477 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

If these individuals are all living you will not be able to merge them. Each FamilySearch account has a separate FSID for any living person in the tree that they have added. If you logged into RootsMagic with a different account used to connect the RM person to someone on FamilySearch then it will say they don't exists. You will need to UnMatch them on the Share Data tab to remove the link you cannot access. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Sundancer268

Sundancer268

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:49 PM

If these individuals are all living you will not be able to merge them. Each FamilySearch account has a separate FSID for any living person in the tree that they have added. If you logged into RootsMagic with a different account used to connect the RM person to someone on FamilySearch then it will say they don't exists. You will need to UnMatch them on the Share Data tab to remove the link you cannot access. 

Where do I find this Share Data Tab?

#4 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:07 PM

Where do I find this Share Data Tab?

File-->FamilySearch Central

-and/or-

at the top of the FamilySearch Person Tools screen (to the right of the WebHint light bulbs for each individual).

Link is currently to the right, beside Find Matches.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8477 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 05:50 PM

Share Data with RootsMagic and FamilySearch Family Tree

Renee
RootsMagic