• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:57 PM

Sometimes when I'm adding FS Sources to RM Sources and I add a source and the form refreshes, it doesn't show all the FS sources.  I can't seem to force a refresh unless I actually exit the FamilySearch Person Tools window and go back in.  Is there a way to force a refresh of the FamilySearch Sources in the Tools window without exiting the Tools window?  It seems to be random when it does this, but it is a little aggravating to have to exit and come right back in just to finish adding the resources. Thanks.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3568 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:47 PM

There are similar situations other places in RM where you can make a change and the change doesn't refresh on the screen you are on. The change has been made in the database but not on the screen. Instead, you have to exit the screen you are on and re-enter the screen to refresh the information on the screen. When I have reported these problems in the past, the response has been just to exit the screen I'm in and re-enter screen. That works, but it's a workaround for a design bug.

Jerry

#3 hendro

hendro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 10:51 PM

Thanks Jerry.  I was just hoping there was or could be a button that would refresh the window.  Changing tabs does not do it.  Like you say, you have to just exit the window and relaunch it.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8456 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

Try opening the side index for the FamilySearch Person tools. It's a slim button on the left edge with a tiny arrow in it. Once opened you can move to a new person and then come back to the person you wanted the screen refreshed on. 

Renee
RootsMagic