4 replies to this topic

#1 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

I would like to be able to flag people that I'm "done" (like an inverse todo list) so I could generate reports on who I need to work on. I would also like the "done" flag to exclude people from more hints, etc, so research effort is more easily concentrated on "undone" people.

MyHeritage has this flag in their desktop app, oddly I don't see it online.

#2 BevSmallwood

BevSmallwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

I created a fact called *****DONE*****

I can search for fact type exists or fact type doesn't exist.

Coming from TMG, I have created facts/events to replace the flags.  You can search, group, and color code based on their value.

#3 BevSmallwood

BevSmallwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

One thing I'd like to add to this: 

I wish I could add a fact to a group of people in one go.  In TMG you could set a flag on a group of people based on a query.  I'd like to do the same with facts.

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

I wish I could add a fact to a group of people in one go.  In TMG you could set a flag on a group of people based on a query.  I'd like to do the same with facts.

This can be done with SQLite queries. I also wish that adding a fact to all the people in a group could be done directly from the RM user interface without having to write SQLite queries. Absent that, it would be helpful if SQLite queries could be run from the RM user interface as RM extensions. That way, users could develop and distribute such extensions that could be run by other RM users.

Jerry

#5 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

Unfortunately creating a DONE fact wont keep them off hints lists, etc. I need a way to stop the help from coming. The light bulb can be a dark bulb, telling me instantly no more more research is needed or desired