3 replies to this topic

#1 mcphilbrick

mcphilbrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 05:16 AM

Is it possible to include the RIN in a sentence?

I have an Identity Fact Type that transferred over from my TMG database. Basically, this is a shared fact that allows me to 'tag' two individuals in my database that I think might be the same person. It uses 2 roles: Principal and Principal2.

I finally got the sentences to work.

Principal: [Person] may be the same individual as [Principal2].< [Desc].>

Principal2: [ThisPerson] may be the same individual as [Person]. [Desc].

However, the sentences would be more informative if they included the RIN for each person.

For example, I have several land records for a Hampton Crandall in New York. I think this is the same person as Hampton Lillibridge Crandall in my tree. However, I don't have enough evidence to say that they are the same person. Thus, I've added an Identity fact and shared it between the two. Thus, when I have Hampton Crandall open on the screen, I see the Identity fact with the following sentence:

Hampton Crandall may be the same individual as Hampton Lillibridge Crandall.

Since I have two different Hampton Lillibridge Crandalls in my database (grandfather/grandson), I would like the RIN included in the sentence to help clarify everything.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6435 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 07:21 AM

I forget whether the Tools, File Options setting to display RIN with the name applies for all sentence template variables for people but you could give it a try.

Tom user of RM7630 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 mcphilbrick

mcphilbrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:42 PM

Thanks Tom,

I tried that and the # doesn't show. I even tried creating a new fact and sharing it to make sure the sentence was generated after making the change.

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:24 PM

If you turn on the display of RIN, it will display in some (but not all?) reports and charts. There is no variable for the RIN in the sentence template language.