• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jrueger

jrueger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

Is there any way to "disable" TreeShare from the RM to Ancestry direction?  I have quite a bit of information in RM that I would never upload to Ancestry - ranging from people to various private facts about people.  I use Ancestry as a research tool and primarily want to use TreeShare to download information to RM and not to upload information to Ancestry.

Every time I run TreeShare it includes all this RM information that I don't want to upload to Ancestry and I can't find any way to mark these people as Not Changed to exclude them from the TreeShare routines.  This clutters up the TreeShare interface and makes the update process pretty tedious - especially after the People column is filled with People I will never upload to Ancestry - and then I have to start using the scroll or a letter key to quickly get down to the next person to update from Ancestry to RM.

Any tips or suggestions?  I would love a switch or option to turn off the RM to Ancestry direction - or at least a method to always exempt certain people from TreeShare.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6256 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 06:41 AM

You can filter the TreeShare index to show only a selected group of people. However, it cannot filter out a group.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8477 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

You could create a group that filters out the people you don't want. Select everyone and then use the "UnMark Group" option.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6256 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

I was thinking of an exclusion group. RM supports only inclusion groups and only one at a time. So this would be an enhancement. Show only those people in the database who are outside of the group. Effectively a group of everyone less a selected group.

Groups could be enhanced to support Venn diagrams (Set Theory) involving multiple groups and all the logical relationships: inclusion, exclusion, intersects... Effectively, a group of groups all based on rules and tracking that support refreshing the memberships as the database evolves... (oh, there's "dynamic groups" rearing its long wished-for head again) 

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.