• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jlowe

jlowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

In Roots Magic 7, Web Hints show that I have pending hints on Family Search.  When I click on the pending hint to go to Family Search, no pending hints for the individual are shown.  Has anyone else encountered this and found a solution?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

I am not seeing this. Is your person matched to someone on FamilySearch? Showing a blue FamilySearch icon next to their name?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3593 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

I have seen several such situations, and it is not very repeatable. For example, just yesterday RM said that there were 4 FamilySearch hints for a person and FamilySearch only had 3. I suspect that the problem is on the FamilySearch side of the house, and that hints have become confused after two people were merged or something like that.

Jerry

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3593 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:51 AM

I have seen several such situations, and it is not very repeatable. For example, just yesterday RM said that there were 4 FamilySearch hints for a person and FamilySearch only had 3. I suspect that the problem is on the FamilySearch side of the house, and that hints have become confused after two people were merged or something like that.

And remember that FamilySearch hints are not really for you. They are really FamilySearch Record Hints for somebody in Family Tree. So there is one level of potential matches between Record Hints and Family Tree, and there is another level of potential matches between your RM database and Family Tree. So the matching process goes from your RM database to Family Tree and then from Family Tree to the Record Hints. It's a very convoluted process that can result in curious results. Given how convoluted it is, the process actually works extremely well most of the time.

Jerry

#5 jlowe

jlowe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

I am not seeing this. Is your person matched to someone on FamilySearch? Showing a blue FamilySearch icon next to their name?

Yes, all my RM persons that this has happened on are matched to someone on FamilySearch.

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:59 AM

Could you give me the FamilySearch ID so I can test this.

Renee
RootsMagic