• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jeffkw

jeffkw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

I'm unable to import my Ancestry tree due to this error at 82% of step "2. Importing your Ancestry tree":

Exception in module Rootsmagic.exe at 000649BB.  Invalid GUID picture (TanMediaPointerID)

The import has worked in the past, but I just completed some clean-up on Ancestry, and wanted to load a fresh tree into roots magic.  The clean-up included deleting about 100 people, attaching many facts to sources, and downloading & attaching Fold3 images to people's galleries.

Is there any way to identify the "Invalid GUID picture" in my Ancestry tree & delete it so I can complete the import?

Thanks for your help and great software!

Jeff

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

We are not sure yet why some users are getting this error. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it with our trees. Can you open a support ticket so we can test the download.

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jeffkw

jeffkw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

Renee,

Ticket has been opened, thanks for the quick response.

The changes I've made since I last successfully downloaded a tree have primarily been the addition of Fold3 images with the native file names (quite long..), and deletion of some distant relatives.  The deletions have likely left some media in my gallery unattached to a person on my tree.

I appreciate the help,

Jeff

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

I don't have a Fold3 subscription so I'm not sure how to test adding one to an Ancestry tree. Did you just see the Fold3 images as hints on your Ancestry tree?

Ok, I did find how to add from Fold3 to Ancestry but it didn't stop my TreeShare from loading. I am testing a download. Any idea what collection on Fold3 you might have been using?

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 jeffkw

jeffkw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Renee,

Yes - I've just been downloading documents from the WWII Draft Reg for Young Men & uploading back to the person's gallery ("Save to Ancestry" only saves a thumbnail).  I use the default filenames, like "Fold3_Page_1_Selective_Service_Registration_Cards_World_War_II_Multiple_Registrations (10).jpg" (sometimes I add the person's name).

If it would be helpful, I'd be happy to invite you as a contributor to test downloading my tree.

Thanks again,

Jeff

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

We have several test trees now. Look for very small trees with not a lot of media now for testing. Right now we have not found one under 10,000 images and records attached. If you do have one, preferably a lot smaller than that with this error open a support ticket so we can start testing. 

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 jeffkw

jeffkw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

Renee,

My tree is fairly new - it contains about 750 people.  The last successful import contained 1,300 images.  I've deleted several hundred since then, it's probably about 1,000 now.

I opened another support ticket yesterday at your suggestion.  I opened another today.  Can you explain how this will allow testing?

Thanks,

Jeff

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

I replied to your ticket. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#9 joebyrnes

joebyrnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

I am getting very similiar error on my desktop computer.  I've been using RM for many years with a tree size of about 3100 people. 

Application Error

'Exception Exception in module RootsMagic.exe at 000649BB.

Invalid GUID Picture (TanMediaPointer.ID).

I've tried downloading my Ancestry tree a number of times and it hiccoughs at 98%, sometimes for a long time, and then gives me the above error.  I've downloaded this tree a month ago with no problems.

I tested the download on my laptop and it happened there also inn almost the same spot.  Step 2 Importing.  It got to 97% and stayed there forever.

I was downloading my ANC file to RMGC to a new RMGC database named 'Byrnes-Border-Sullivan-Felix Tree from ANC.20190815.rmgc'.

I am importing the new file into  C:\Documents\Genealogy\Roots Magic\Data.  So both the new file name and destination path names are long.  I see the new file at that location (14,767 KB in size which is about right), plus a RMGC-JOURNAL File (50 KB), which I cannot read.  

Maybe an Ancestry problem?

Thanks,

-Joe Byrnes

#10 joebyrnes

joebyrnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

I just downloaded a small ANC tree (116 people), and in Step 2 Importing I had the same problem at 98% and it hung  there.  But after maybe 2 minutes it continued on and the download was successful creating a database of 1,898 KB. 

When I looked at the download location (Roots Magic\Data Files), the database was there, along with another file with the same name but with a file suffix of .ADP with a Type 'Microsoft Access Project'.  I copied the .ADP file, switched back to RM briefly, and when I tried to paste the .ADP to my desktop I was told the file did not exist.  It was gone and it did not show up in the recycle bin.

The RMGC-JOURNAL File I had with my first and larger database had also disappeared earlier when I went back to save it.

It looks like it was not just one ANC database causing the problem.  

-Joe Byrnes 

#11 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8363 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

RootsMagic is working with Ancestry on this issue. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#12 John Stefl

John Stefl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

I get the same message:  Exception in module Rootsmagic.exe at 000649BB.  Invalid GUID picture (TanMediaPointerID)

If I click on it, RM freezes.  I have not used RM for about 2 years but have an earlier version of a file downloaded from ancestry that I am in the process of cleaning up inorder to write a book. 

#13 PeterWright

PeterWright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:34 PM

I get the same message:  Exception in module Rootsmagic.exe at 000649BB.  Invalid GUID picture (TanMediaPointerID).  I've been using RootsMagic for a few months. I have not had any error messages prior to this.

#14 Rixter

Rixter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

Add my name to users having this problem. I have duplicated the problem on 3 computers through 2 routers and with different size trees.

• The same error message appears...
    • ...on my primary PC running Windows 10 at home
    • ...on my secondary PC running Windows 7 at home
    • ...on my laptop running Win10 on the library's WIFI router
    • When I download my main tree on all three PCs
      • 1,227 people
      • 173 photos
      • 2,077 records
    • When I download a smaller tree on my primary PC (error just appears faster)
      • 17 People
      • 3 photos
      • 37 records

Finally, the RootsMagic program itself closes and leaves the error message in a pop-up window.

-- Rick

#15 mccachern

mccachern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

I just submitted a ticket also.  I'm getting the same error.  Now whenever I put my "leaf" to sync with ancestry, my database shuts down.