• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wllmbltn

wllmbltn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

Getting exception error and then screen freezes and need to use Task Manager to kill RootsMagic. This is happening every time I try to open TreeShare.

Application Error

Exception Exception in module RootsMagic.exe at 000649BB

invalid GUID Picture (TanMediaPointer.ID)

Ran all the database tools, no help.

Any ideas?

#2 wllmbltn

wllmbltn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:17 AM

I decided to just create a new RootsMagic file and re-download my Ancestry family tree. No luck.

The download reaches 99% of step 2 Importing your Ancestry tree and I get the same Application Error as before. 

My main purpose in using RootsMagic is the ability to share the data with Ancestry and not it is not working.

How do I contact RootsMagic about this? Do they monitor this forum?

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3568 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:54 AM

They do monitor this forum. Indeed, they host it. But for your situation, you might need to open a trouble ticket. You can do so from their Web site.

Jerry

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:49 AM

We are not sure yet why some users are getting this error. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it with our trees. Can you open a support ticket so we can test the download. 

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:33 PM

Getting exception error and then screen freezes and need to use Task Manager to kill RootsMagic. This is happening every time I try to open TreeShare.

Application Error

Exception Exception in module RootsMagic.exe at 000649BB

invalid GUID Picture (TanMediaPointer.ID)

Ran all the database tools, no help.

Any ideas?

No, none, but I'm getting the same error. Started right after the most recent Windows 10 update was pushed, along with all manor of other issues between RM and Ancestry. I also have run all the data base tools but no help. My TreeShare has been all messed up and I had to reload my RM tree to Ancestry to get it going. This "of course" reset all my hints which are all having to be reworked. Please share if you discover anything.

Rick

RickL

#6 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

We are not sure yet why some users are getting this error. So far we haven't been able to reproduce it with our trees. Can you open a support ticket so we can test the download. 

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee,

For what it is worth, I'm getting this error as well. It pops up when I try to access TreeShare from a person in RM. When the person selection list appears, the error will pop up. Sometimes I can click on the "ok" in the error message and TreeShare will keep on working. Most of the time TreeShare will freeze until I click on the "ok" and then RM will shut down.There is no particular person, it just seems to be at random. Wonder if this is related to the other TreeShare problems I have been posting about?

Rick

RickL

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:39 AM

We have been working with Ancestry on this. We have determined it is the US School Yearbook collection causing the "Invalid GUID picture" error. We will be releasing an update shortly to resolve this issue. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 DONSAGE

DONSAGE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

I have had several crashes due to this error.

I traced it back to several folks 

all of them had recently had a high school year book reference added. (to show a picture or to show someone living in xxx town in yyy year

when i DELETED the hint referencing the yearbook the problem went away.

I identified the people by adding a fake FIRST name which I knew would be processed before the error occured.  When running tree share (a second time after it had crashed but with the fake name added) I could edit the second person in the list-after the fake name.  this was the guy that had had the yearbook reference added)  I repeated this process of letting treeshare crash, inserting a fake first name, running treeshare again, editing the second person in the list.

I'm not sure if it is only certian high school years books or all of them.   This is wierd as this same file had had many yearbook entries previously which processed just fine a year ago.  Maybe ancestry has been fiddling with their code and buggered something up--I know lots of other ancestry things have been wierd over the last 12-18 months-this might be another.

I was using windows 10-64x PRO and rootsmagic 7.5.1...  I just updated to 7.6 today

I am now having problems importing a large GED file that I suspect has the same issue.  Finding the person with the bad hint is a real challenge 

After I have imported the GED, I have 78,000 people. I know 48% of them are dups.  I use the auto matching within find dups and the program dies, totoally locks up with NO error message after I merge 934 people.

I have gone through and run all 4 database tools but this does not help

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

while doing a manual merge works, I don't want to try doing 37,000 of them

AAARRRGGH

#9 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6251 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Merging with people imported from a GED file cannot be the same issue as the one TreeShare has had with school yearbook photos. There are no photos in the GEDCOM and the latter came up with a specific error message, did it not?, while the former is a freeze with no message. Must be a different problem. Where's the GED from?

Perhaps you should import the GED to a new database file, do whatever review, cleanup you can with it and then drag'n'drop into your master database. Perhaps the latter can be done selectively for only those lines you want.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

The GEDCOM download from Ancestry has no connection to the tree or media so I can't see that being the issue. Maybe you just got a bad GEDCOM download from them. Make sure to import into a new blank database. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#11 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6251 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

And before you drag'n'drop into the master database, try a File>Export to GEDCOM to make sure there is not something weird in the file (say, a relationship loop) that is crashing the export.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.