• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:54 PM

New to RM7.  New to geneology.  Hi members.

I have added many people to RM tree with photos however I cannot get most of them to appear on website.  I have a fb family page where I post the website address for all family members to view and they cannot see photos.

I read through a few forums and have done some suggestions:

. Photos are all in a dedicated folder on mac

. I have all photos checked  for scrapbook

. I have tried checking the primary photo box and also unchecking the box, with each change re publishing the website, no effect.

. I have deleted the website and re uploaded with new URL name 

. I have deleted all photos for a particular person and re entered them into for that person.

. files are all either .jpeg, .jpg or .png

. photos don't appear when person is double clicked on and also don't appear in media gallery

I have been concentrating on one person (George Ernest Brown) to do all this.  Only a photo of him will appear on website.  Other photos include headstone, cemetery details.  http://sites.rootsma...amily/index.php

Any suggestions? Please and thankyou.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:36 AM

First go to Lists>Media Gallery and make sure there are no red x's in the right corner of the images. Meaning the media links are broken. They won't upload if the links are broken. If the media is still on the computer and filenames have not been changed you can go to Lists>Media Gallery>Tools>Fix broken media links to have RM find and repair the links.

The other thing to make sure of when using "Primary photos only" is to check the Photos box to. At the very least that one has to be checked to upload any media. 

If you are still having an issue then open a support ticket so we can take a look.

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 05:14 PM

Renee.  No images have an X.  There are 7 photos for this person.  All are checked for scrapbook.  5 are checked for primary photo. Only one photo appears on website.  Thank you for your suggestions.  I will submit a support ticket.

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

Could I many a suggestion/request? Namely, could the resolution of the problem be posted after the problem is resolved?. I would be most curious to know what caused this particular problem.

Jerry

#5 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Hi Jerry.  I will post solution once resolved.

#6 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

Does anyone know how long RM take to reply to submitted tickets?  I have submitted a ticket on this topic and also sent 4 differing messages via the chat link on their website over a week ago. Not receiving any responses.

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

I see Jackson answered your ticket on Wednesday. He also gave the chat hours. He mentioned that our website only has thumbnails so that isn't true. The full size images are not uploaded but a compressed large than thumbnail image is. It is only when the website is reloaded that sometimes we see only thumbnails. Deleting the website and uploading again should fix it. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#8 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:56 AM

Thanks Renee although I have not received his email in my inbox.  How do I get a copy please? 

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

Check if it went into your spam folder. You can also try logging into the ticket using the link below. 

https://support.root...us/requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#10 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:04 PM

All emails went to spam !!!

#11 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

Solution: (I am not very computer savvy so hope this explains things)

I am using the RM website.  I created website in RM7 not earlier versions which create different websites.  If I generated files and uploaded in my own website then more photos would show on website.  The one created on RM server will only show one photo person.  If photos are added to each fact a camera icon will still not appear on website therefore photos will not show.  They also don't show in media gallery on website.  Apparently this is just how RM7 is when published.  

Jerry, I hope this explains things.

#12 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8414 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

As I mentioned earlier Jackson was not correct on the support ticket about only one media per person on the website. It should show them all if you selected that option. If you selected primary photos only then it would just show one. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#13 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

Renee, I deleted website and created new one.  Photo issue is still not resolved.  Only one photo will show on website and camera icons do not appear although they are in the database.  The person I am concentrating on has 5 photos, all checked for scrapbook, three checked for primary, still only one shows.

#14 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 11:35 PM

Renee, I deleted website and created new one.  Photo issue is still not resolved.  Only one photo will show on website and camera icons do not appear although they are in the database.  The person I am concentrating on has 5 photos, all checked for scrapbook, three checked for primary, still only one shows.

There should be ONLY ONE primary photo checkmarked. Primary "basically" means THIS PRIMARY PHOTO is to be shown juxtapositioned next to the individual's name.

Look up or search Primary photo in the RM Help facility (Main Menu -or- F1 function key) 

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#15 jocelynmaher

jocelynmaher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:28 PM

Renee emailed me a solution and it has worked.

On the screen shot "site settings.png" you have the option checked "Show primary photos" only. That setting will give you exactly what you are seeing, only the primary photo for each person. As long as you actually uploaded all the media when creating the website, by not using that similar setting. they should appear if you uncheck that box.  

If you have source media you are trying to show you will want to also uncheck the box in the settings to "Show Person and Family Photos Only". Otherwise the source media would not appear either. 

Sincerely,

Renee
RootsMagic, Inc.