• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KenRip

KenRip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:33 AM

I'm new to RM7, coming from TMG. I am cleaning up my data transfer and ran across this problem:

I have a person fact, "Betrothal" which I want to change. 

When I click on it, I see that it has 1 source. 

When I click on that source, I get the screen that shows the source name and details. The details is populated with information that I want to copy and paste. But when I edit the source, and go to "Detail Text", there is nothing there. I can see the detail on the former screen, but when I edit that line item, I cannot find the detail anywhere , either under Master Text or Detail Text.

Does anyone have any idea why information would show under the detail column of the Citation Manager, but not show up when I try to edit it?

Ken

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3593 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

The data you see in the Details Column in the Betrothal Sources screen doesn't actually exist under the Master text tab or the Details text tab. Rather, it's on the Citation tab. Also, it doesn't exist as one specific data field anywhere. Rather, it's constructed from possibly several different other fields, and its construction is guided by the particular source template you are using.

So what you need to change is the various pieces of the data which will show up at various places on the Citation tab, and you will need to change the pieces separately. You can see the final results of your changes immediately in the Footnote sentence that will be displayed. And again, you can't edit the Footnote sentence because it is built from the other pieces of data on the Citation tab, guided by the source template. You have to change the various pieces of data separately that go into making up the Footnote sentence.

Jerry

#3 KenRip

KenRip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

Thanks, Jerry