2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone know how to search for a media file in Ancestry by the Ancestry media ID number?

I no longer save Ancestry media in RM by the Ancestry ID.

However, I stil have many media files in my RM database that were added earlier through TreeShare. It would be helpful in identifying (and renaming) these files if I could search by the ID number in Ancestry and see the file info there.

I have been unable to find instructions for doing this in Ancestry, RM, or this forum.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

RickL

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8491 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

I really don't think they are searchable by the filenames you receive in TreeShare, but you can try contacting Ancestry support to find out. You could do it backwards by looking at the MediaTags in RM and who it is connected to. Then visiting them on Ancestry to find the media attached to them there. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Rick Landrum

Rick Landrum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:14 PM

I really don't think they are searchable by the filenames you receive in TreeShare, but you can try contacting Ancestry support to find out. You could do it backwards by looking at the MediaTags in RM and who it is connected to. Then visiting them on Ancestry to find the media attached to them there. 

Thanks Renee,

I was kind of afraid that would be the answer. I knew you could "reverse search" by the person's name, but I was hoping that being able to directly search would save the time of going through what comes up in Ancestry to find the media being searched. I'll try their support to see if they have a different answer.

Appreciate the response.

Rick

RickL