• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 r9jackson

r9jackson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:15 AM

oops, the title should say "Marriage fact not showing on Narrative reports"  sorry for that, it will not let me edit the title. 

I don't see a marriage fact on my Narrative reports.  I'm fairly new to RM so I may be doing something wrong.  The wife shows on the report but it does not show a marriage sentence in the text of the Ancestor Narrative report.  I've looked at the options but don't see anything.  In my case I have 2 wives, one with children and one without any children later in life.  Is there something I can do to turn it on?

I see that a marriage fact appears for my father and grandfather. The marriage fact does not appear for my mother and grandmother.  The sentence appears at the end of the narrative paragraph regardless of date where all other facts occur in date order.  

#2 Kamolga

Kamolga

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

For me (default) it gets indeed with the male but it would make no sense to repeat it with the female since she is right after him.

I checked: divorce get after marriage in the report, as well as residence but not death or religion.

Rootsmagic 7.5.9.0 with a lot of SQL queries (SQLiteSpy) and a bit of Family Historian 6.2 (tree view and map)

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6255 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

The Marriage, Divorce and some other fact types are so-called "family" types for couples, not the standard type for individuals. RM groups the "family" type to follow the "individual" type in narrative reports, regardless of the chronology. If a fact sentence is not appearing for a fact or event that you are sure exists, make sure that it is not set to "private" or that the report is set to include private facts. Another possibility is that the default sentence for the fact type has been deleted - you will see what the sentence should look like in the Edit Person screen when you select a fact - see the preview at the bottom right.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.