• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 almawhite

almawhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:14 PM

When i reach 30,000 people during the familysearch import the program starts to freeze and i have to restart the program.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:30 AM

Large files are often a problem for the FamilySearch interface. It's been suggested before that you will see less frustration by downloading your large database in multiple smaller groups (each group to a separate RM file), then merging the several files in RM.

#3 Jonhayward

Jonhayward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:55 PM

This just happened, I was able to do it 4 hrs ago

When I click on the blue * to compare Root Magic with Family Search I get the following error message

"Unable to connect to the Internet.  Please check you internet connection and firewall"

I am able to get into the internet and go do different sites i.e. my e-mail, Family Search, john Hopkins Covid-19

I have closed everything down and then opened up RootMagic and get the same message for 10 different people

Help because frozen with the updating Rootmagic

#4 Tcluster

Tcluster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 10:48 PM

Yes, there's a problem with RootsMagic access to Family Search.  It's 9:50 Pacific time on 9/29/2020.  Family Search is up and running when accessed from outside RM, but from within RM I also get the "Unable to connect to the internet" message.  RM is 7.6.4.0.  There's no way to get out of the lock on the system, I find I must go to Windows task manager and cancel RM.  It's probably a temporary condition, but I thought I should post an "I have this problem too" so that Mr. Hayward doesn't think he's alone.  Most frustrating.  An earlier message in this thread said something about a file with over 30,000 users.  I don't even have 10,000 so that has nothing to do with it.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8779 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:04 AM

Yes, we are seeing this too. It's been reported and development is looking into what has happened. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 03:21 PM

Yes, there's a problem with RootsMagic access to Family Search.  It's 9:50 Pacific time on 9/29/2020.  Family Search is up and running when accessed from outside RM, but from within RM I also get the "Unable to connect to the internet" message.  RM is 7.6.4.0.  There's no way to get out of the lock on the system, I find I must go to Windows task manager and cancel RM.  It's probably a temporary condition, but I thought I should post an "I have this problem too" so that Mr. Hayward doesn't think he's alone.  Most frustrating.  An earlier message in this thread said something about a file with over 30,000 users.  I don't even have 10,000 so that has nothing to do with it.

Yes it has been happening here also.

Colin

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: familysearch import