• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rwharris

rwharris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 04:18 PM

I have just uploaded my RM7 tree to Ancestry TreeSearch for the first time. The RM7 Facts have uploaded OK, including Fact Notes and the Media items referred to in Magic_Guide_TreeShare_Ancestry_FAQ. The only problem is that when I click on "Source" in the TreeShare Fact (I'll use Birth fact as an example) all I get is a box which says "Unsourced Citation Birth note". In the centre of the screen there is also column headed "Other Sources" under which there is a box for every RM7 generated note for the particular person, and when I click on the view button for the Birth note box I get a pop-up screen titled "Source Citation for Birth note" which shows the following:

Citation Information

Detail

Birth note

Other information

Text of RM7 note 

Source Information

No source specified for this citation

Repository Information

No repository specified for this source

In RM7 I use Free Form source type as my standard and whenever possible I attach a downloaded media image to the fact, which is for at least 95%+ of the time. Because I already have an electronic copy of the evidence on file and linked, I have never felt the need to quote elaborate citations such as those recommended in EE, particularly as my tree is only ever likely to be for my own personal use and enjoyment. So my RM7 source for the aforementioned birth reads as follows:

Footnote: Ancestry.com. Derbyshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1916.

Short Footnote:

Bibliography:

Source text:
Ancestry.com. Derbyshire, England, Church of England Baptisms, 1813-1916 [database on-line]. Lehi, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2017.
Original data: Derbyshire Church of England Parish Registers, Derbyshire Record Office, Matlock, Derbyshire, England.

Repository:
Ancestry.com

Can anyone explain what has caused the RM7 Source not to upload, and is there a simple way to correct it.

Richard Harris

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:06 AM

Check if you had a birth fact note in RM that went over to Ancestry. The only place we can store fact notes is under sources. They come back into RootsMagic as a note. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 rwharris

rwharris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

Hi Renee,

All my RM fact notes appear to have gone over to Ancestry and appear under sources. My problem is that none of my RM Free Form sources have gone over to Ancestry. 

Richard

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:03 AM

When you uploaded the tree did you check the option to upload the sources too?

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 rwharris

rwharris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:41 AM

I don't specifically recall seeing an option for uploading the sources, but I definitely know that I checked all option boxes. 

#6 rwharris

rwharris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

Renee,

One further piece of information that may or may not help.

When I open the Database Compare screen and click on any single person the RootsMagic section shows the Sources highlighted in pink in the middle right hand column and the Ancestry middle right hand column is completely blank. If I bring up "Update existing event on Ancestry" it shows RootsMagic with 1 (or more) sources and Ancestry with 0 sources. If I check the box to "Update Ancestry Fact" and click OK and then Accept changes I get a screen that shows "Collecting Changes from Ancestry" that runs to 100% and then closes. The end result of this is that the RootsMagic section still shows the Sources highlighted in pink in the middle right hand column and the Ancestry middle right hand column is still completely blank. 

In layman's terms it looks as if Ancestry and not RootsMagic is taking control of the update.  

Richard

#7 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:31 AM

I don't see that this problem has been addressed. I have many instances where a source that is added to RM does not transfer to Ancestry via Treeshare. Sometimes sources transfer, other times they don't. I just added a source to a marriage fact that doesn't show up in Ancestry for either husband or wife. Comparing the RM and Ancestry records with treeshare shows the source present in RM but not in Ancestry. Checking the marriage box next to RM, updating the source, and trying treeshare a second time still results in no change on Ancestry. Comparinf RM & Ancestry for all records shows that hundreds of sources are not transferred. I spend a lot of time trying to add sources to facts, but many of them are not showing up on Ancestry. Very frustrating.

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8474 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:18 AM

This issue hasn't been resolved. We are still trying to determine the cause. The exact same source can go up in one instant and not in another. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#9 rwharris

rwharris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:44 AM

In the past week I have added several new persons to my RM7 database. I have now added them to my Ancestry tree through Treeshare and find that everything has transferred across, including the source citations. Very strange.

#10 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:13 PM

Sources in RM do seem to transfer okay for new people added to Ancestry via Treeshare. However, sources do not transfer for people already in the Ancestry database. Deselecting the "Only show changed people" box in Treeshare and trying to update a source that did not transfer in the past is unsuccessful. Sources that didn't transfer the first time still do not transfer.