5 replies to this topic

#1 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:09 AM

When I open my database in Family view, I can scroll through the line in interest and a thumbnail of a photo will show up just left of the name for numbers of generations.

I have attempted to produce a 5-ancestor/2-descendant Hourglass report with photos (I know that is quite a large report, but i will edit out quite a few lines).  But the report only includes a few of the photos that are attached to my database (maybe only 20%).

Can anyone please suggest what I am doing wrong?

I am running RM 7.9.5.0 on W10 v 1803.

When I run the same report on my notebook (W10 v1809, same RM 7.9.5.0) no photos appear.  The files on the 2 machines have been synchronised using MS OneDrive Business.

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Cedric

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:18 AM

The photos you wish to display in charts mush be marked as "primary" for the person in the media tag.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

Are there any red x's appearing in the lower right corner of the thumbnails?

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:59 AM

Yes they are marked Primary, but Renee has identified the problem, thanks.

Sometime in the past I must have changed the directory structure where many of my photos are stored.  I have now produced the chart I wanted.

My data is in D: drive on the desktop, but the O/S of my notebook has allocated D: for the recovery drive, so data is in F:, hence none of my photos link correctly when I open RM in the notebook.  I have to re-install the O/S anyway, so I had better fix that at the same time.

Regards

Cedric

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

You can use Search>Search and Replace to quickly change the "Multimedia filenames" drive letter.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for that tip.

But once I then synchronise my user files through OneDrive, that change would be transferred to my other computer.  So I will only use that if I am doing something on the notebook that requires correct multi-media links.

Regards

Cedric