• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RayF

RayF

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:31 PM

When RootsMagic is started, there's a "RootsMagic News and Updates" popup. I saw "New! Personal Historian 3 is here!" and ordered the update. Then I discovered I already had it so had to cancel the order - additional work for me and RootsMagic. This posting is dated March 26, 2018; over a year old.

I'd suggest adding the date after each title so we know how current each headling is.

I'd also like the option to dismiss those I've already seen so only new ones or those I didn't dismiss appear the next time I start RootsMagic.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8454 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

I would be surprised to see any new articles until RM8 is ready for release. The new ones are on the top so when we are able to write enough the older ones drop off. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:53 AM

I would be surprised to see any new articles until RM8 is ready for release. The new ones are on the top so when we are able to write enough the older ones drop off. 

The one that bothers most people today is "Join us at RootsTech 2019 and get a sneak peek at version 8!"

Surely these can be removed, I believe this top item continues to raise false hopes and curiosity which does not benefit Rootsmagic.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8454 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:48 AM

The feed is coming from the RM blog so we can't remove the article. We anticipate having a new blog article this month. It was mentioned in the newsletter. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Innuendo

Innuendo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 07:21 AM

The feed is coming from the RM blog so we can't remove the article. We anticipate having a new blog article this month. It was mentioned in the newsletter. 

We know you can't remove the article, but you *can* update the blog more often so older articles drop off in a more timely manner.